Monday, February 21, 2011

Funny Freshman Initiation Ideas

To you, gentlemen! (13): Jacques Dufilho

Dufilho Jacques (1914-2005) began his career, and masterfully, drama: Molière (The Miser 1962), Audiberti, Anouilh, Pinter, will give him a solid reputation as an actor. His appearances in movies, although many (about 160 movies), often fail to reach such a level, less because of his talent, undeniable that the poor quality of the films in question.

I have two clear memories of him: first his character part in a skit where he plays a maid Victorine, making his way to visit the castle (1957), and especially the film Robin Davis, This Dear Victor (1970), where he meets two other big names in film: Bernard Blier and an Italian actress who I always had a soft spot and I find tremendously beautiful: Alida Valli, the unforgettable Countess Livia Serpieri of Luchino Visconti's Senso , alleging a story by Camillo Boito.

The video is taken from Taxi, trailer and bullfighting of Hunebelle (1958). It must, of course, a great effort to forget the presence of bulky Louis de Funès!

0 comments:

Post a Comment